Meet our governors:
|Georgina Ager||John Pearson||Todd Capon||Ann Kennedy O'Brien|
|Chair of Governors|
|Co-opted Governor||Parent Governor||Parent Governor||Parent Governor|
|Sarah Pector||Jacqueline Brading||Bob Greatrex|
When do the Governing Board meet?
New Cangle Full Governing Board meets 6 times a year. As a small governing board, the school does not have sub committees which meet regularly.
Who are School Governors?
Legally-appointed volunteer advisors, helping schools be the best they can be. Governors work alongside staff as a joint team, rather like directors of a business and trustees of a charity.
What sort of people are governors?
- Parents or carers of pupils
- A teacher or a member of the non-teaching staff
- People interested in our school who live or work in the local community
- People already known to the Education Authority, such as councillors or experienced governors
- People connected with other local schools, especially linked or partnership schools
All governors must be able to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service check
What sort of things do Governors do?
- Decide what really matters to our school and what is the right thing to do (values and ethos)
- Decide where we are going and how we will get there (current and future developments)
- Encourage the staff and pupils to do their best
- Ask questions and look at things (check things are being done as wanted)
- Check the finances are correctly managed
- Check the law regarding education is being followed
How do you contact a school governor?
Are you interested in being a governor?
This might sound like a big job – especially as it is not paid - but it is really just common sense, and very interesting. Training is also provided. Please contact Georgina Ager, Chair of Governors, through the School Office for a chat or email: email@example.com